OTA’s Annual Organic Leadership Awards recognize individuals who have shown leadership and vision in furthering the goals of the organic movement. The awards are presented at OTA’s Annual Awards Celebration as the kick off to Natural Products Expo East.
Nominations for the 2017 Organic Leadership Awards are open through April 21
GROWING THE ORGANIC INDUSTRY
Nominees are “game-changers” who have made significant contributions to growing the organic industry through leadership and action in areas such as consumer education and marketing, new market development, public relations, standards development, advocacy, and research. Submit nomination.
ORGANIC FARMER OF THE YEAR
- Owns, leases, or is a partner in an organic farm;
- and has a full-time functional role as an organic farmer;
- and derives their primary income from an organic farm.
In making an award, OTA considers individuals who have:
- Demonstrated skill, innovation, personal commitment, leadership and vision beyond the professional competence and requirements of the position for which s/he was employed.
- Achieved identifiable and lasting changes to promote and protect organic agriculture and trade.
- Inspired and persuaded others to act to advance the cause of organic agriculture and trade.
Nominations will only be accepted in writing and must use the questions on the nomination form to list the major contributions and activities of the nominee relating to the year’s award category and selection criteria. Nominations may not be made anonymously. Letters of endorsement to the nomination are encouraged.
Vice President, Communications