The Organic Trade Association (OTA) is the membership-based business association for organic agriculture and products in North America. OTA is the leading voice for the organic trade in the United States, representing over 8,500 organic businesses across 50 states. Its members include growers, shippers, processors, certifiers, farmers' associations, distributors, importers, exporters, consultants, retailers and others. Organic products represented include organic foods, ingredients and beverages, as well as organic fibers, personal care products, pet foods, nutritional supplements, household cleaners and flowers. OTA’s Board of Directors is democratically elected by its members.
Promote and protect ORGANIC with a unifying voice that serves and engages its diverse members from farm to marketplace.
Grow ORGANIC to achieve excellence in agriculture and commerce, protect the environment and enhance community well-being.
We, as members of OTA--
- Have established organic trade on a foundation of common organic standards
- Work in harmony with the environment, promoting sustainability
- Recognize the need for organic agriculture to be economically viable
- Work to protect the diversity of life
- Recognize the interdependence of all parts of the organic community
- Understand that organic farms are the foundation of the organic industry
- Seek out and use whole system approaches to agricultural and business practices
- Support the human right to knowledge and choice in the marketplace
- OTA Core Values Statement