Organic stakeholders throughout the country spell out top priorities
More than 500 organic stakeholders across 45 states weighed in on issues they see as critical to the organic sector as part of a comprehensive farm bill survey conducted by the Organic Trade Association (OTA) in the lead up to Congress beginning debate on the 2018 Farm Bill.
- Strong support for the National Organic Program in applying uniform standards and providing strong oversight across the globe,
- Increased public education about the benefits of organic,
- Investment to support transition to organic and access to land programs for new organic farmers,
- Increased funding for organic production and ingredient research,
- Programs to improve transparency and tracking of international organic trade,
- Improved and increased data on the organic industry.
The Organic Trade Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or marital/family status. Persons with disabilities, who require alternative means for communication of program information, should contact us.