Are you one of the most organized people you know? Are you happiest with a full plate of diverse tasks and overlapping deadlines? Are you prone to creativity, curiosity, and solution-oriented thinking? If you answered “Yes, yes I am!” then we’d like to meet you. We've been promoting organic agriculture and trade for more than 25 years, and we are a fun, highly effective organization of overachievers looking for a new full-time project coordinator to work onsite at our headquarters in downtown Brattleboro, VT.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET
- BA/BS degree in any field that provides transferrable knowledge to the job expectations.
- Attention to detail is a key competency.
- Articulate communicator, strong writer, with excellent self-editing skills.
- High-level computer competence, extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); internet savvy and not afraid of embracing new technologies.
- Proven experience in sales, fundraising or customer service.
- Ability to produce accurate, timely, and quality work; personal accountability for meeting objectives.
- Self-starter, ability to troubleshoot and manage projects independently; proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Highly organized, extremely proactive; desire to stretch beyond task list to manage up.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities.
- Provide comprehensive program support to the Development, Events and Communications teams; including administrative, creative and project management duties as assigned.
- Maintain an organized project environment—establish and track timelines, milestones, and next steps; update team members, websites and associated databases.
- Manage day-to-day projects across all platforms—web, social media, collateral materials, internal communication, stakeholder updates etc.
- Solicit for in-kind donations and financial support; carry out stewardship plans.
- Manage corporate presence on social networking sites including Facebook and Twitter; provide feedback on insights gained in order to evolve strategy.
- Engage in creative and technical meetings and discussions.
- National travel required on occasion.
OTA offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401k contribution. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please provide a letter describing your interest and qualifications along with a resume by e-mail to the Organic Trade Association care of Cathleen Strong.
OTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or marital/family status.